July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July! - SSS63

Well this is not a 4th of July card but I was at a loss for title names. LOL! I made this card yesterday but it was pretty busy and I didn't have a chance to upload it. I participated in Sweet and Sassy's Saturday sketch challenge over at The Sweet Stop! I love their sketches and try to participate as often as I can.
So here is the sketch:


And here is my card:

This is my first real attempt at using and coloring an image on my card. I used Prisma Markers to color the image. How did I do? I can do shading a little on the hair but maybe I just didn't have the right colors or enough colors because the rest of my image isn't really shaded but overall I like it. The card base is Grey cardstock from SU and the pattern paper is from Basic Grey's Olivia collection. The buttons and brads are also from SU as well as the ribbon. Heck I think the white cardstock is also SU except for where I stamped the image that is a water color paper. So there is my card for today. Hopefully when the kids go down for a nap I will be able to craft again. I am feeling a bit bummed today, when I woke up this morning I found out my truck was broken in to last night. Some punk made his way up and down our street, broke in to 5-6 cars, stealing change, GPS's car radios and breaking out several peoples windows. Ours was one of them. So I am hoping crafting a little will make me happy.

Hope you all have a fabulous 4th of July!!!

Supplies:

Stamp: Stamp from Greeting Farm (I think)

Paper: Grey and Whisper White cardstock (SU), Olivia collection (Basic Grey)

Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Prisma markers

Misc: Buttons, Brads and Ribbon all from SU

Happy Crafting!!

5 comments:

dstandard said...

Such an adorable card - thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

Anonymous said...

Adorable :)!! Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Stop!!

Kim Wilson said...

Love this!!! :)

Dana White said...

This is so sweet - you did a great job colouring! Thanks for playing along with the Sweet Stop!!

Cindy Coutts Designs said...

You did a great job coloring for a first timer! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge and we hope to see you again next week! God bless.