April 22, 2010

Inkspirations Sketch Challenge #21

Oh my goodness I had a blast with this sketch. Some cards come together so beautiful and just as planned and others I seem to struggle. I haven't decided if it is the paper I have chosen for a particular card or the stamp set but this card, I chose the paper and then the stamp set just fell in to place. In the end it turned out just as I had hoped.

The paper from American Crafts is from The Treehouse Collection. Super bright and fun to play with. I used 2 of the PP from this collection. The green and white swirly paper is called Adventure and the flower PP is called Laughter. Both are available for purchase at my store.

Anyways, here is the sketch:



And here is my card:


The 2 stamp sets I decided to use are from Practicing Creativity Designs called You're Dandy and Look Up! I can't say enough about these stamps, they have such possibilities. They work great alone and even better mix and matched together. I used the rays from the You're Dandy set, inked them on (I think) RRiding Hood Red cardstock from SU with Versamark and clear embossed them. The hot air balloon from the Look Up! set was inked with black Stazon on the Adventure PP from American Crafts. I cut it out and popped it on the paper with dimensionals. The sentiment is also from the Look Up! set and inked on Old Olive cardstock from SU with Chocolate Chip. I snipped the grass out of Old Olive cardstock after I used the grass stamp from the You're Dandy set. Oh that was a pain but I liked the way it turned out.


Supplies:

Stamp: You're Dandy and Look Up! from Practicing Creativity Designs

Ink: Black Stazon, Chocolate Chip and Old Olive

Paper: Treehouse Collection from American Crafts, Kraft, Riding Hood Red and Old Olive from SU

Misc: brown self adhesive brads from American Crafts


**Check out my store to get your hands on that super fab pattern paper from American Crafts**

2 comments:

Makeesha Byl said...

Fabulous creation Leanne! Love how the pink sunset sits behind your air balloon! Thanks so much for playing. Love Keesh x

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh beautiful card Leanne! It looks like a CAS card, until you actually look at it properly... there's so much detail in it, right down to the snipped grass!