September 28, 2010

Embossed Tree - SSS75

All day long yesterday I thought it was Wednesday. I wonder how the rest of this week is going to go now. Don't you hate when that happens, you think it's a different day than it really is? For today's card I participated in The Sweet Shop's sketch challenge. I used to try and play along every week but it certainly has been a while.
I was so excited to be able to use a couple different products on this card. The super fabulous tree is from Practicing Creativity Designs, I white embossed it and colored in the image with my Stampin' UP! markers. The pattern paper is from Nikki Sivils called My Friend Birdie. The ribbon is from Stampin' UP! The sentiment is an Artfuldelight exclusive set. My first one that I am still in the works. I should have them up for sale in the next week or so. I will also have some projects to post with the set. The PCD and Nikki Sivils products are currently for sale at Artfuldelight. So this really sucked, I had planned to do a stitch line down the ribbon to secure it to the card, I used a little adhesive and some glue dots to keep it in place while I attached it and then ran it through my sewing machine. Yeah, bad idea!!! I think the glue dots kept jamming up my machine. I was getting so angry. LOL! So I quickly decided against putting a stitch line down along the ribbon.

Happy Crafting!!

9 comments:

Karen B. said...

My mother is horrified that I would even think about sewing through glue dots, but I do! I get irritated too, because it does gum up the machine, but a little goo gone does the trick. Really fun card here, the embossing detail is great.

April said...

Your card looks great! I love the way the ribbon looks. Maybe next time you could try hand sewing instead of using your machine? You could work your way around the glue dots that way and still get the same effect. ;)
- April

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! I love love love love this Leanne!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee that tree and LOVING how you used "My Friend Birdie" :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Court said...

I am excited to see your new stamp sets!

Tanya said...

Fantastic card! I love the white on kraft.

Lee Anne said...

Your card is beautiful. I love the mix of patterned paper. The first two lines of your post cracked me up and I scared everyone around me with my laugh!

Marlene said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that tree!!! What a gorgeous card!

dstandard said...

Awesome card - love the stitching! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

Stephanie said...

Oh I love your tree, thanks for playing along at The Sweet stop.