May 15, 2010

SSS56 - "For the Guys"

This week's sketch at The Sweet Stop is "For the Guys" a masculine card. I struggle with manly cards, I just always want to add a little something extra, a flower or glitter or something. I was happy to have a sketch to use and it was difficult to stop where I did.



I am really not good at coloring so I wanted to keep my image simple, just one color to pop out. Since it was going to be basically black and white I decided to go with a black and white card. Pretty masculine right?
So I used a black card base. I turned to one of my favorite stamp sets from Practicing Creativity Designs, For the Love of Dots. I just love how versitile it is and how the stamps from that set make a great background pattern. I used white embossing powder on the dots background.
The stamped image is from Stampin' UP! King of the Grill stamp set and the sentiment is from Practicing Creativity Designs, You're Dandy set. On the image I only colored the apron with my Prisma colored pencils. I inked the edges of the white paper with black ink to give it a little dimension. To add a little bit more color I used Stampin' UP!'s Real Red 1" double-stitched grosgrain ribbon.

Supplies:

Stamp: King of the Grill (SU), You're Dandy and For the Love of Dots (Practicing Creativity Designs)

Ink: Basic Black (SU), Versamark

Paper: Black and Whisper White cardstock (SU)

Misc: white embossing powder (SU), Prisma colored pencils, 1" double stitched grosgrain ribbon-Real Red (SU)


Happy Crafting!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you did a great job with this masculine card! Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop!

Country Mouse said...

Great card!!! I really like this! Thanks for sharing with us at The Sweet Stop!!

dstandard said...

The image and the card are fabulous!

Unknown said...

Wonderful card! Great idea to colour just a part of the image!
Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

Tracey said...

This is a great card - such fun!

Hugs
Tracey
x