July 7, 2010

TLC280 - Thanks

Hello! Been busy here in Winchester. LOL! I made this card 2 days ago and have not found the time to post about it but here I go.

Here is a sketch from CPS-Card Sketches. I also participated in Try a new technique over at Splitcoaststampers. It was called Paper Posies. My understanding was to use something other than a pre-made flower. So I made my own flower, a little fabric, hot glue and a brad to top and voila.......



The pattern paper is from Pebbles Inc, Twitterpated collection. I added the glitter to the paper. I felt it matched the fabric flower a bit because it also had a bit of glitter on it. I used my handy dandy sewing machine to put some stitches around the edge, used a sentiment stamp from Basic Grey's Green at Heart collection, Tree Hugger stamp set. It is actually supposed to say "Thanks for everything you do" but I cut/separated the stamp. I like the script on the "thanks" and I use it a lot so I cut the other part off.
The picture turned out brighter than I originally thought it would be so you can't really tell the color of the card base but it is from SU called Brushed Silver. It's like a metalic-y grey color. Pretty cool.

Supplies:

Stamp: Tree Hugger (Basic Grey - Green at Heart collection)

Paper: Twitterpated (Pebbles Inc), Brushed Silver (SU)

Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)

Misc: hand made fabric flower


Happy Crafting!!

5 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

How cute is your card and those interesting techniques! LOVE how you used the CPS sketch.

Anikraft said...

Thanks is a very fitting title as i wanted to thank you for my paper pads from your giveaway which arrived today! Love them. Thanks so much again!!!
Anika

Judith Veldhuizen said...

Beautiful card!! I also want to say : Thank your for the great paper and other stuff that you've sent me from the giveaway!!!
I'm Very, very , very happy about it!!!
There are so many great stuff in it!

Thank you very much!

Lisa Echerd said...

Like your tilted DSP with the stitching around the edge. Pretty and interesting.

Courtney Baker said...

So cute! Hey are you going to be at CHA?