April 14, 2010

Let's Celebrate - SSS51 Sketch Challenge

This is for The Sweet Stop Sketch challenge. Wahooo! another sketch challenge. Here is another sneak peak at a stamp set from Stampin' UP! available May 1.

When I think of ice cream cones, I think summer.....sunny, bright and fun and that was how I came up with the colors for this card.


EEk, another Whisper White card base.....I don't want to make a habit of that because like I said me and white is like oil and water.....just don't mix. LOL!

I layered on a Pumpkin Pie cardstock that I stamped with a wood grain stamp I got from Michaels. I used Versamark and clear embossing powder. The ribbon treatment I saw on Practicing Creativity blog and I think she case'd it from somewhere else. I had originally tried to cut the slits with my exacto knife but that was one hot mess. So I used my Sure Cuts- A lot program and cut it on my Cricut. It looks so much cleaner and oh so nice. I used some ribbon from the dollar bin at Michaels.

I paper pieced the Ice Cream Cone together using some dimensionals. I finished the card off with some buttons from Basic Grey's Nook and Pantry collection ( I believe, I know it is Basic Grey though).
The stamp set and DSP will be available from Stampin' UP! May 1, in their summer mini. The stamp set is called, Sweet Scoops and the DSP is Island Oasis. Super fun and colorful DSP.

Supplies:


Stamp: Sweet Scoops from Stampin' UP! available May 1, wood grain stamp from Michaels


Ink: Versamark, Chestnut Roan Colorbox Chalk, Ruby Red (SU) and Basic Black (SU)


Paper: Stampin' UP!: Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Island Oasis DSP, Tempting Turquoise


Misc: buttons from Basic Grey's Nook and Pantry collection, dollar bin ribbon from Michaels

Happy Stamping!

No comments: