April 20, 2011

My Yoga Journal

Good Morning and Happy Wednesday! I am so excited that even though I have to attend classes through next Wednesday, today is my last day to turn in any homework and tests. Ahhhhh, I can take a breather. LOL! I really think I am more tired than I think because I am always drinking coffee. Maybe the coffee is holding me together more than I gave it credit for. I mean I have had this annoying twitch in my eye for the last 2 days and it is bothersome. I just feel wiped.

Well one of my last projects for Yoga class was to make a journal documenting our home practice that we put together. Like a routine of poses, and document when we "worked out" and how we felt afterwards. She made a comment that some people in past classes made cute artsy journals. What I am allowed guilt free to craft......as a homework assignment!! YEEESSS!!! When I say guilt free is because sometimes I craft when I know I should be reading or doing some sort of homework but NOW my homework is to craft. So with that the mini album was created!!!

I made my home practice journal in to a mini album. I really like the way it turned out. My Professor says she keeps everyone's journal in a file cabinet and sometimes goes back and reads them so I wanted to make something pretty. :-)

Here are some pics. I used Echo Park's Life is Good collection to decorate it plus some flowers and other embellishments that I had from past Artful Delight kits.





So I used a 7.5x5" acrylic covers and used my Bind-it-All to put it all together. Sorry for the bad pictures, I took them at night and on top of that the glare of the lights on the acrylic covers. I didn't take pictures of all the pages, like the ones with my journal entries. LOL! But these pages are the extras I added, little quotes and such. Thought it would be a cute touch. All the patter paper is from Echo Park's Life is Good collection. I used my FAV woolies from Basic Grey (they were in March's kit) and I used some Prima flowers too.

Check back later today (hopefully) I will have a giveaway for everyone. :-) It's been too long since my last giveaway, lol. :-)

Don't forget to enter this month's sketch challenge, it ends April 23rd. And there are still a few April kits left, check it out here.

Happy Crafting!!

7 comments:

Karen B. said...

Pretty indeed! This is a great idea,too.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeee it!! I love love love the papers you used! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

April said...

This is fabulous Leeanne!!
- April

Court said...

Fabulous Leeanne! :)

June Houck said...

What a great idea; I really enjoyed each of the quotes :)

Lisa Echerd said...

What a great project! I see and "A" in your future.

Marlene said...

This journal is great!