June 6, 2010

SFYTT - Birthday

Happy Sunday! Hope you are having a relaxing day! My family and I have all come down with bad colds. Tony and the kids have been sick for days and just today I started feeling the effects, aches and pains! Ugh!! However, before my nap today I was able to get crafty! Wahoo.

I participated in 2 challenges, one from Splitcoaststampers (F4A15) - It's a Boy Thing and my card layout is inspired from SFYTT at i{heart}2stamp. For Splitcoaststampers, It's a Boy Thing we just needed to create a masculine card, a card that would be given to a boy big or small. I chose to make the card for my brother, his birthday is in a couple weeks.


And here is my card:


I thought the sentiment would be great for my brother because he was a ladies man and I guess would still like to think he is, lol!
The Kraft card base is 5x5 instead of my usual 4.25x5.5. I used a super cute pattern paper from Pebbles' Lil Buddy collection. It's called Blankie.
Then I used Sahara Sand cardstock for the small square in the middle. I saw this on another blog and thought it made a cute background so I used just the "O" from the sentiment in You're the Man stamp set from Practicing Creativity Design (included in today's giveaway). I inked it with Chestnut Roan Colorbox Chalk Ink. The ""plaque" with the screws is also from the You're the Man and I inked that in Pumpkin Pie. The "you're getting old" sentiment is inked in the Chestnut Roan. The light blue pattern paper is the other side of the orange pattern paper. I used my Xacto knife to cut slits and feed the ribbon through the PP. The ribbon is Chocolate Chip. The little circle is a stamp from PCD new stamp set that was just released today, also included in today's giveaway. The stamp set is so cute, called Barefoot Summer. All of PCD stamp sets are also available at Artfuldelight.

Voila, there is my card!! :-)

Supplies:

Stamp: You're the Man and Barefoot Summer(Practicing Creativity Designs), You're gettin' old - birthday(Skipping Stones Design)

Ink: Chestnut Roan (Colorbox Chalk Ink), Pumkpin Pie Stampin' Write Marker (SU)

Paper: Kraft and Sahara Sand cardstock (SU), Lil Buddy collection-Blankie (Pebbles Inc)

Misc: Chocolate Chip ribbon (SU)

Happy Crafting!!

Don't forget to check out Day 1-6 of my 7 Days of Giveaways! Click the links at the top of the page!!

3 comments:

Brenda Weaver said...

Great card! Those colors and patterns are great for a guy!

Lynne in NI said...

Cool card! Love your stamped 'O' BG and the ribbon is fab ... its always hard to put a ribbon on a guy's card and not look girly, but I love the effect you made!

Julie said...

Wow this is a fun card! Love the color combo and how you did that ribbon through the slits of the paper. Love a card with a sense of humor...this is perfect! I'm sure your brother will LOVE it!