June 11, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Happy Friday! So excited the weekend is finally here. Can't believe today is my daughters last day of school and next year she will be an 8th grader. Time flies. So for today I will be sharing with you the card I made for my dad for Father's Day. Tony "drew" it in Inkscape and then uploaded it in Sure Cuts A Lot to cut on my Cricut. It made this card super simple.


I used a Chocolate Chip base and the DSP is from Stampin' UP! called To the Nines. I used some silver brads for the buttons and the collar. I cut the pocket out by hand and cut a sliver of cream satin ribbon to make the "handkerchief".
And there ya have it, my dad's vest card. I hope he likes it, I made his birthday card a couple months back and he liked it. It was pretty plain compared to this one so we will see.

Happy Crafting!!
Don't forget to check out my 7 days of Giveaways!!!

3 comments:

Lisa Echerd said...

Your vest card is just perfect for Father's Day and so clever! Love the brad's for buttons, ribbon for the hankershief and a great use for that rather challenging DSP. Wonderful!

Karen B. said...

Fun fun card! I'm intimidated by shaped cards so this one is inspiring. Love you patterns.

Emma said...

Fabulous card, love the shape...
Hugs Emma x