December 6, 2010

2 Cute lil men...

It is Monday and I am in the final stretch of this semester. I have my last class in Math today and I get my Accounting take home test for the final. I just can't believe it is my last week of classes. I also can't believe how fast Christmas is approaching. Yikes!

Well my Christmas present from my honey was a kitty. I have been BEGGING for one for months. I used to have cats when we met but they were indoor/outdoor cats and one day they didn't come back (well 2 of them) I was devasted. Then when we moved out of state I had to get rid of my last kitty. We have a dog and I love her but I think I am a cat person. So Tony was going to surprise me with a kitty for Christmas but over the weekend the Subaru dealer in town was paying the adoption fees. Can't beat free right? So I went down to the shelter and picked up Chuck aka Tuc. His name was Tuc but I didn't really like it.

He had been at that shelter since September 14 and I felt so bad for him. He was a 3 yr old male cat that was previously owned by an older lady that passed away. I am SO HAPPY I chose him, he is so loving and gets along great with my kids and my dog. He has totally made himself at home.
So, meet Chuck.....



Isn't he handsome? He is such a good kitty!! :-)

Now on to today's project. As usual I am in a crunch for getting my Christmas cards done. I have made a total of 5 and Ineed at least 30 so I need to get working.

Well not sure if you saw a week or so ago where I had my Cricut Expressions up for sale, well I sold it. It was about 48 hrs and I was feeling a bit sad. So I went by Joann Fabrics on Black Friday and they had a Personal Cricut, is that what they are called. The smaller version. It was on sale for $59.99, I had to have it. I LOVE IT!!! Since my craft space is rather small this machine fits perfectly.

Well I use the SCAL program and on SVGcuts.com they have some awesome SVG files. Yesterday I purchased some Christmas card files and started making some. This is what I made last night.

Aren't they cute! Not sure if you can tell in the pic, since I had to take it inside (dang it's cold and windy outside) but I added some glitter to the white part on the hat and boots. So now I have 7 cards, LOL!

Check back tomorrow, I will have a project from DT member Courtney. :-) Don't forget to enter my giveaway, it ends Decemer 17th at midnight EST.

Happy Crafting!!

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh YAY for adopting Chuck!! He is BEAUTIFUL!!! And love love love love love the gingerbread men cards!! Tooooooooooooooo cute! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Karen B. said...

Such a handsome man and the two gingerbread boys are too cute!

Court said...

FANTASTIC cards, Leeanne!!!

How cute and sweet is your kitty!?!

Yay for getting a baby bug! :)

April said...

Super cute cat and cards too Leeanne! ;)
- April

Lisa Echerd said...

He is a very handsome kitty! And lucky to have been adopted. He looks right at home.

Marlene said...

Your kitty IS adorable!! How sweet of you to give him a forever home!

Your cards are cute, too! I don't use my Expression often - but every now and then I get a real urge to use it - so I'm glad I haven't gotten rid of it, even during those times where I didn't have it plugged in for months! heehee.