December 10, 2010

Gingerbread House

Happy Friday! Today I will spend the morning at school taking some finals. YAY me! Not really, I am feeling really nervous. My Computer class final is open book but there is so much info that I am not sure I will be able to finish in 2hrs. My English final is not open book but is only worth 30 points. Plus she has some extra credit on there. The problem is currently I am teetering on an A. I have a B and depending on how I do on my last essay (my Professor just needs to grade it) and my final exam, I MAY get an A. I am not going to get my hopes up because for awhile there I would have been happy making it through the class with a C. LOL! So for me almost getting an A would be fabulous! :-)



On to today's card. It is another Christmas card that I got from the SVGcuts.com website. I purchased a file that had 3 cards in it. This is the second one, I will make the last card either today or tomorrow.



Isn't it cute? Have you ever made a project that you really liked the way it turned out but was such a pain in the rump to make that you will never make anything like it again? Well that was this card. LOL! I am not sure if it was the paper I was using to cut in the Cricut or it was the Cricut itself but you see the white part with the candy canes and the peppermint candies. Well the white part was one piece that was cut and I kid you not it took me 10+ tries to get one cut. I couldn't get the speed or the pressure right on the Cricut. It either didn't cut all the way through the paper or was too deep and started ripping the paper. Finally I compromised for a bit of both. LOL! I ended up using my Xacto knife to finish cutting some of the peices out and my trusty Tombo Mono multi glue to fix the parts that ripped a bit. IT WAS A PAIN!!! That was the only part that did that no other part on that card gave me trouble. I even bought a new blade (even though my Cricut was brand new) thinking that was the problem. Anywho, I do like the way it turned out but will not be making another one.

Happy Crafting!!

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Good luck on your exams!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee that card!! The gumdrops are ADORABLE!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kristina said...

Cute card!! Good luck with that grade, hope you get the A!!

joni said...

Oh, I think its so cute too! Yes, I have been there, done that before!!!
Hugs,
Joni

Court said...

Sad face that you had issues with the depth. ... generally I will end up multi-cutting it so that if it doesn't get all the way through, it just cuts it again. It's so frustrating when it happens though! The result was definitely worth the time as it is FABULOUS!!!

Good luck on your finals!!! :)

April said...

What a great card Leeanne! Sorry it was a pain to make though, lol...

I'm hoping you're acing those finals!!
- April

Marlene said...

EEK!!! SUPER DUPER CUTE!! Looks almost edible, too!

Karen B. said...

Your card is really worth all that effort! It is so fun!