January 5, 2011

Better late than never

It is a cold sunny day here in Winchester (VA) which makes for a perfect day to spend time with the family. Took a quick break to make this post and then it's off to put some puzzles together with my hunny while the kids paint. Only a couple more "family" days until school starts up again and then it will be busy busy busy!!!



Last month flew by and I didn't have much time to craft so I am a little late on making this gift for my son's speech therapist, Ms Lindsey. But better late than never right?


I bought the frame from Staples for $9.99. It is actually a flyer display. LOL! I found out a little while back that Ms. Lindsey is from IL (my home state), southern IL but non-the-less IL. :-) She moved to Virginia over the summer which was right after she graduated college. She moved here for work so she doesn't know anyone. I know the first year I moved away I felt pretty homesick.

Ms. Lindsey went home for the holiday so I figured a nice frame to put a family photo in would be the way to go. The supplies I used to decorate the frame is all from Crate Paper's Brook Collection. I absolutely love that collection, the colors and images, just beautiful!! I sponged the edges of the inside cream colored paper with Tim Holtz Tea Die. You can't really see it very well (nasty glare if I took the photo head on) but one of the die cuts says "celebrate" so it would read "celebrate family". I will be giving it to Ms. Lindsey tomorrow. I hope she likes it!

Don't forget tomorrow ends the Zap! Heat Gun giveaway so click here to enter!

I would also like to point out that Debbie, you were right, January's kit is selling like hotcakes. LOL! I think I only have 2 left so make sure you head over to Artfuldelight and pick one up before it's too late. :-)

Happy Crafting!!

12 comments:

Catherine said...

Leeanne that's a beautiful frame I'm sure she'll love it!

Catherine said...

Leeanne that's a beautiful frame - I'm sure she'll love it!

Marlene said...

It's a fantastic gift! I know I'd love it!

April said...

Leeanne, this is wonderful!! Great job. :)
- April

Court said...

Fabulous! This is absolutely beautiful!!!

AND YAY that people are realizing how great of a kit this month's is! Just wait until next month's... people just just sign up for 6 months because I know how excited we are about the kits coming up!

Kelly Massman said...

So pretty! I knew your kits would sell well, too! So glad for you!

Jamie said...

Wow, Leeanne, that is too cute!! I love it!

Debbie said...

Your frame turned out great! A gift I am sure Ms Lindsey will love! So glad to hear that the kits are selling well! They are so cute and have so much fun stuff in them!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeee this!! What a GREAT IDEA!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lorraine said...

Oh this is pretty! I bet she'll love it!

Lisa Echerd said...

What a thoughtful gift. I'm sure she will love it.

JustYolie said...

Pretty altered frame, I'm sure she'll love it!