April 11, 2013

April Guest Designer, Janice!

Good Morning!
Debbie sneaking in here today to introduce you to our
April Guest Designer Janice Daquila-Pardo.  Janice was the winner of our March sketch challenge.

 
Here is a little bit about Janice.

Hi there! I am Janice Daquila-Pardo, or The Constant Scrapper in the blogging world. I’m so happy to be guest designing for Artful Delight this month and look forward to using this beautiful kit right away!

I have lived in hip, happening Austin, Texas, since 2001. My husband, Matt, and I have been married for 15 years, and I’m quite aware of how lucky I am to have landed the husband/bestie combo deal. We work together in our IT business, volunteer in animal rescue and at our church and encourage each other in our hobbies/obsessions (Matt’s is running and obstacle racing, the topic of a number of my layouts).

I started playing with scrapbook supplies in 2004, but I have become an earnest scrapbook artist in the last five years. My style continues to evolve, but what I know about my designs is that:
·         I like to scrap vintage photos just as much as current-day images.
·         The story’s the thing. If there isn’t a story to tell, there isn’t much point for me in making the page.
·         I love patterned paper (too much).
·         On most of my pages I use files cut on my Silhouette (I use purchased cut files as well as design my own).
·         I am a scrapbook sketch addict. They provide a wonderful way of organizing my thoughts for the page I want to create and allow me to focus on photo and product choices. I love to use others’ sketches as well as design my own. 

Janice chose to work with the April Scrapbook kit and created this beautiful layout using our April sketch:
Janice will be back next week to share another layout she created with our April Scrapbook kit.

Thanks for stopping by!
. . . Debbie

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeee her lo!!! LOVING the colors and the balloon!!!

June Houck said...

Congrats, Janice! Lovely LO :)

Kerys said...

Adorable layout! Congratulations too! :-)