January 17, 2012

Sending you Thanks (faux metal)

Hello my friends. It is cold and rainy here in Virginia and I don't like it. LOL!! I decided not to go to Panera Bread this morning and do homework. The only "homework" I officially have this semester is for a class called Project and Seminar. It is a class that coincides with my Intermediate Accounting class. It's online and kinda self paced. I finished my first paper for that class and it isn't even due until next Wed. The next paper isn't due for 3 weeks now. SO, I decided to stay home and craft. *GASP* LOL!!

Who is a fan of Kristina Werner's work? Let's see a show of hands (now let's see a show of hands of those that actually just raised their hand, lol)......Do you ever do that when you are talking on the phone or something? Not raise your hand per say but are you really animated and do you use a lot of hand gestures even though you know no one can see you? Oh I am totally that way. LOL!

Anywho, well I am a big fan of Kristina's and have been for over 2 years. A couple months back I saw her first tutorial on how to make faux metal and I was determined at some point to try that technique. When I searched Kristina's blog for her faux metal tutorial, I have come to realize she has been sharing this technique since 2006.

Ok so anyway, I have this gorgeous paper from Authentique's Uncommon collection. Oh so beautiful. I thought a faux metal sentiment would look awesome. So I set to work on creating this card.

I just love the way this card turned out. Sorry the pictures aren't the best. Isn't this technique AWESOME. I almost think I am addicted. I want to make many, many more cards with a faux metal sentiment.

Now I haven't watched all of Kristina's faux metal tutorials but I think the ones I did see show her just using a bigger sheet of paper and then cutting out the sentiment area. For mine I cut the label die cut first, used some removable adhesive to hold it on to a larger sheet while I embossed and then VERY carefully lined the sentiment on the label.






9 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm a big fan of Kristina's too. Love your faux metal sentiment it really finishes off a beautiful card.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh that is toooooooooo cool!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee this!!! Off to check her out!! Yours is FAB! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lisa Echerd said...

Beautiful card you did. Yes, I'm a fan of Kristina's too. Sounds like you are way ahead on your school work!

April said...

This is really pretty Leeanne! :)
- April

Karen B. said...

I raised my hand, for reals! So glad to hear school is going ok too. And your card, well, your card and that technique is just lovely!

Debbie said...

Beautiful Leeanne!!!

June Houck said...

Wow wow wow, Leeanne! This is truly one of the prettiest faux metal cards I have ever seen. You chose wisely ;) Your faux metal looks so elegant!

li-bee-ti said...

This is gorgeous, Leeanne! very special and unique.
TFS

Unknown said...

These are so pretty!! What a cool technique.