December 22, 2010

MIA

Good Morning and Happy Wednesday! I just wanted to stop and let everyone know that I may be a bit MIA for the next couple days. If I can find som time to craft I will but with the holidays coming I'm just not sure I will be able to.

The last couple days have been crazy. I have been getting January's kit together and my daughter left yesterday for Illinois. She was supposed to leave Monday night but the weather in Illinois was so bad her flight got cancelled. It was a long day.

Tony had off on Monday and we had to leave for the airport at 3pm. We decided that since we are on break from school that we will make meals and freeze them. So Monday we decided to make some lasagnas. I made some pancake batter for the week(we put them in squeeze bottles so we can have fresh pancakes in the morning) and then I helped Tony make the pasta. Tony took apart a turkey. One we got just after Thanksgiving for like $3. It was insanely cheap, we ended up buying 3 and put them in our deep freezer.

Tony ground up some of the turkey so we can make turkey burgers and freeze them. I made chili for dinner. We then left at 3pm and headed to the airport. All seemed to go as planned. Tony stayed with the kids in the parking lot and Nicki and I made our way to the gate.
I stayed with Nicki until she boarded the plane. I headed back to the car and we started to head home. Within 45min she called and said the plane was delayed for 3 hrs and they were directed off the plane. We were already half home with some CRANKY lil kids. I toldNicki to hang out by the gate, not go anywhere and I was going to take Tony and the kids home and head back up to hang with her until her flight left. Within 15 more minutes she called and said the flight was cancelled. We turned around and immediately headed back up to the airport.

Nicki was able to get her luggage and we were able to rebook the flight for the morning. We then headed home, all together we were on the go for 6 hours. The kids were very cranky by the time we got home.

6:30am yesterday morning we were up again, getting ready and out the door by 7am to head to the airport. This time I was on my own with my kids. I have done this plenty of times but I think we all had enough. We made our way through the airport with no problems, and sent Nicki on her way.

I think we ended up spending $100 yesterday and the day before in gas, food, tolls and parking. It was ridiculous. Needless to say I am exhausted.

I LOVE the looks I get from people when they see me handling my 4 kids, I think they think I am insane. LOL! So anywho, that is what I have been up to.

December's sketch challenge will end December 27th at midnight EST! I will hopefully have January's kit reveal on the 27th. I am actually just waiting for one last item. Kits should be shipping the first part of next week. So if you would like to purchase January's kit or you are a subscriber, be on the look out at the end of the week. Feel free to send me an email if you would like to pre-order January's kit.

I am so excited that with the new year brings many sponsorships. I will be sponsoring several challenge blogs so make sure you check back often to find out where I will be next.


Happy Crafting!!

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwww! What a busy time for you! I am sooooooooooo happy you are sponsoring Sketchy Thursdays!! YAY! Merry Christmas! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

April said...

Wow Leeanne, that's quite an adventure!!
- April

Court said...

Whew! What a couple of days! Unfortunately that story is pretty common this week!

I'm SO excited to see the kit reveal and I can't wait to see who you are sponsoring! WOO hoo!!!

LisiB said...

You go, girl! Cheers to you! Looking forward to seeing the January reveil!