February 5, 2012

Thank you

Good Morning my friends!! So we got a little bit of snow last night, wet slick snow. I HATE it!! We had some really awesome weather last week and I totally thought it was going to start warming up. Oh well, this will be last winter to see snow so I will be ok. LOL!!

Today I have the whole day off.....what to do first? Well right now I am enjoying a yummy cup o' joe while I type up this post (and of course listen to my children fight). Hmmm, maybe clean a little, scrap a little, laundry/dishes, craft a little, grocery shopping, scrap a little, make some dinner......oh poop I forgot I have two take home tests to finish by Thursday. Scratch those plans.......a little homework, craft a little, cleaning, homework, craft a little........scratch that, I am crafting ALL DAY!!! LOL, I wish.....I will probably do a little mix of everything. haha!! Darn responsibilities always get in the way of my fun!!

Anywho, I have a fantabulous card to share with you today. I was super excited about making this card. I saw a tutorial on Jennifer McGuire's blog on using Pink Paislee's Mist-a-bles. Oh, that's right there is some of that in our February kit, YAAAHOOOOO!!!



So I got to work. I used the smallest scallop trim and I used my Papertrey Ink ink pad to color it. Now Jennifer used Mister Huey's mists and that would have been easy too but I didn't have any color mist that I wanted to use and I wanted the color to match the cardstock included in the kit. Oh my it matched perfectly. :-) The only thing on the card not from the February kit is the rhinestones but those are from the January kit.

I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the "thank you" sentiment and the card base. The flower was colored with Raspberry Fizz and Ripe Avacado ink from PTI.

Alright well I will pick a winner of my giveaway later tonight and post that tomorrow with another amazing project using our February scrapbook kit.







11 comments:

April said...

Leeanne, this card is gorgeous!!!
- April

Deena said...

love this card and what you did with that scalloped border into a flower...beautiful

Sam said...

oh Leanne, now that i understand how amazing silhouette cameo is. The thank you word is so so so delicate!

Lynne in NI said...

What a beautiful card, I love your fabulous flower!
Hope your snow doesn't hang about too long!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeee this!! LOVING that flower!! And have a great day off! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

k. i need a cameo!!! beautiful card. love the bright bits of color.

Lisa Echerd said...

Such a beautiful card!

Debbie said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the flower! I watched the video and will be giving this a try!

Unknown said...

what a pretty card, Leeanne, I love the flower, too!!

Karen B. said...

This card is drop dead gorgeous! I always like seeing your own creations here, glad you have had some time to play!

June Houck said...

BEAUTIFUL card, Leeanne. Absolutely stunning. Your mojo has been on fire lately. Love this; keep crafting, my friend. I can't wait to see what you do next :)