February 21, 2011

Hang in there

Happy Monday my friends! Can you believe we had 70 degree weather the other day and tonight we have a winter advisory, with possible accumulations of snow 5 or more inches. I am so ready for Spring. Oh well I guess that's what I get for wanting to live in a 4 season state. I would take this over all year round heat any day.

For today's card that was created by yours truly, yay I got to craft this weekend (well only a little, enough to make one card), I used a sketch I saw on Sketches in Thyme.



The image was a freebie over at Just Some Lines. So I only had some textured white cardstock from American Crafts to use for the image which made it a bit difficult to color but it turned out ok. I used Prisma Colored pencils. I REALLY want to learn how to properly use Copics. There is a class once a month at a scrapbook store about an hour away. I am hoping one day to attend. Maybe when I am in between semesters (Spring to Summer) I can make it to one. Anywho, I used papers from Echo Park's A Walk in the Park collection. YUMMY papers!!!

Hello my name is Leeanne and I am in LOVE with Echo Park papers. LOL!

Anywho, I did a little stitching with my sewing machine, I think I am also going to become addicted to that, I LOVE the look! I used some Micro Mini Alphas from Basic Grey. Some chipboard shapes from Cosmo Cricket's Pixie-Licious collection matched perfectly, that would be the button and butterfly.

Well that's it for today. Please don't forget about the sketch challenge for this month, you only have 2 more days to enter. Click here for more info! I hope ya'll have a fabulous day, I am off to make breakfast for my family and then off to school. I am thinking Belgian Waffles! YUMMY!!

Happy Crafting!!

9 comments:

Lisa Echerd said...

Very cute card, the stitching adds a nice touch.

Marlene said...

What a sweet card!!! I'm so with you - I'm sick of winter. This one has been brutal.

Tanya said...

This is just darling! And how cute is that image?! :)

♥Silvana♥ said...

Cute card, love the sewing and the cute image :)
I'llbe back later with my layout for this month sketch...almos done =)

Random Acts of Krafting said...

What a great card, I love the addition of the twine in the button. Thank you for playing with Tuesday Takes @ Sketches in Thyme this week.
Hugs
Tanya

Debbie said...

This is adorable!! Way to go with the stitching!!

Karen B. said...

Great card...so worth it if you can only make one a weekend. Great colors too.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooooooo cute cute cute! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee that image and the stitching! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Court said...

Awesome Leeanne! I totally know what mean about feeling like going to Echo Park Paper Anonymous! I seriously sang them a little song the other day. It was like 1:30 in the morning and I thought it would be a good idea! haha.