February 14, 2011

Monday Madness

Happy Valentine's Day!!
Good Morning! The start of another week means I am that much closer to the end of this semester and that much closer to finishing school. I know it has only been 2 semesters but I miss the way things used to be, no stress about school or homework....being able to spend time together as a family, it is so rare these days and it makes me sad being my lil ones are getting old enough to play games. Oh well 2 years of sacrifices to forever change our future is worth it. :-)

Today I have a BUNCH of projects to share with you, I have 4 cards from Julie, using February's kit. I also have a card that I made for The Paper Variety challenge as well as the Valentine's that I made for Nicki's friends. I feel so sad I didn't get to make more. Next year I will be resting up for the following year when my kids start school. YIKES when they are all in school I will have to make upwards of 100 Valentine's. I seriously can't wait, I LOVE IT!!!

Ok so here are the FABULOUS cards that Julie made





Julie truly did an amazing job this month and I am greatly appreciative that she was Guest Designer. I will have one more LO from Julie that will be posted on February 24th.

Next up I have a card that I made for The Paper Variety, the challenge was to incorporate or use a cupcake on your project. I found this cute Happy Birthday SVG file on SVGcuts.com and I thought it would work perfect.

I also used the Cupcake Love collection from Little Yellow Bicycle from January's kit(which is sold out). I used some Micro Mini alphas from Basic Grey on the banner. I used some bling on the cupcake which is from Memory Box, I think I got it from my secret Santa sister, the swap I participated in on the Sketches4all forum.

Next I have some Valentine's treat bags that I made for my daughters friends. She only wanted me to make 10. Here are some pictures.





Aren't they cute? I had so much fun making those! I also got the lil monsters from SVGcuts.com. The talk bubbles were pre-loaded in my SCAL program. The pattern paper is from Cosmo Crickets DeLovely collection. I know not your typical Valentine's colors but they were pink and pretty and that is what I was going for. :-)

Can you believe I didn't have any Happy Valentine's Day stamps, so when I ran out to Joann's to get some jiggly eyes I also picked up a wood mounted stamp set from Inkadinkadoo. It had all kinds of holiday sentiments and it was half off. So it was like $5.

I sponged the edges of the pink talk bubbles with Rose Bud dye ink from Memento and also stamped the sentiment in the same color. For the blue colored talk bubbles I sponged the edges with Broken China Distress ink as well as stamped the sentiment.

I just think they are so cute!!!

Anywho, since this post is so long already I think I will wait until tomorrow to announce the giveaway. I am not sure how long it will last so be sure to check back in the morning. I haven't decided if I should make it only a 24hr giveaway or a little longer. So either way make sure you check back in the morning. I will actually have 2 giveaways this week (I think).

Did anyone see the pics of the wreath that Cosmo Cricket had in their booth at CHA? If so do you know if there is a tutorial for making that or something like it? I really want to make a wreath similar to that and would like to see or read about how they did it. Before I start cutting and pasting I would like to have a visual of how it's done. LOL!

Be sure to stop by Julie's blog for full details about her cards! :-)

Happy Crafting!!

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Tooooooooooooooooo cute cute cute! I loveeeeeeeeeee that cupcake card and those treat bags are ADORABLE!!! Loveeeeeee them! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Court said...

Fabulous cards, Julie!!! And way to go Leeanne!!!

XXOO AMY said...

so many cute things! love the "frame" on the cupcake card! Thanks for playing along with us at TPV!

Suzy said...

Love the cupcake card! The banner is so fun. Thanks for sharing at The Paper Variety :)

Debbie said...

I love the treat bags you made for you daughter! I sure do miss those days! Glad to see you have had some time to enter some challenges - love the cupcake card! As for Julie, fabulous cards!

mindy gallagher said...

SO cute! I'm here to check out your cupcake, but I love your monsters :D Thanks for playing with us at TPV! :D