January 26, 2014

A Love Story


  Hi!   This is June with a little card inspiration.  I am still having fun playing with the varied papers and elements in my Artful Delight January card kit.  It is so much easier to create when the elements from various manufacturers are already coordinated in one kit.  The fun striped chevron paper and grey heart die cut are both from the Fancy Pants "Be Loved" collection and both stickers ("a love story" pennant and "happy valentine's day...FEB 14 REC'D") are both from the Crate Paper "Love Notes" collection.  I added some loopy stone baker's twine from my stash.

  With each kit I challenge myself to use different elements from the kit, since I always gravitate to polka dots, stripes, and flowers.  With each and every card I try to use something different from the kit, and yet even after creating 5-6 cards each month there is still papers that are uncut and elements I have not yet used.  This is why I am a fan of these kits!  I often find myself using elements from past kits with newer kits and other projects.  And even though my older kits from 2011 and 2012 are down to bare bones, sometimes there is a paper or embellishment that is perfect for a current project.  The kits that keep on giving...

  I also challenge myself to create a masculine card each month.  This valentine was my attempt at a masculine card...how did I do?

Don't forget to check out the February kit reveal here next weekend.

Happy Sunday!  June

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So beautiful!! LOVING that twine!!!!!!!

~amy~ said...

Such a great masculine card June!

Debbie said...

Wonderful card June!

runzalot81 said...

You did awesome! I love it!