November 8, 2010

November's Guest Designer

Oh yay, it's the start of another week and boy do I have some fabulous projects to share with you ALL week. November's Guest Designer is Elisabeth. I came across Elisabeth's blog awhile back and I was just blown away with how beautiful her creations were. When I had my DT call, even though I didn't really specify international applicants, when Elisabeth asked if she could apply I immediately said yes. I had so many applicants and in the end I felt horrible I couldn't have asked her on as a regular member but I knew I couldn't afford to send overseas every month (at least not in the beginning). But I LOVED Elisabeth's creations so much that I certainly wanted her as a Guest Designer. When we picked all the products for November's kit I immediately knew that was the month I wanted her to be GDT. And I am glad I did because she has made some amazing projects with this kit. OK, enough rambling from me, LOL!

Here's a little bit about Elisabeth in her own words:

I live in Vienna, Austria - a most wonderful city - together with my husband and my daughter (almost 5 - she insists on this! LOL). I work fulltime as a music, drama and French teacher. For me, scrapbooking is the perfect way to wind down in the evening after a very stressful day. I am always full of energy and "need to do stuff". As a family, we do a lot of excursions outside of Vienna. I still try to perform on a regular basis, either with a professional choir or playing the violin in an orchestra. I started scrapbooking in 2006, after the birth of my sweet girl.
This is my first guest designer post and I am so excited about it.

And here is DAY 1 of projects from Elisabeth:


Absolutely beautiful! I love how she used the Glimmer Mist on the doilie and the bottom edge of the paper. For details on this LO please visit Elisabeth's blog!

Ok now here is a project from me. Now this image is a little out of my norm but when I saw it on Marlene's blog, I knew it would make the perfect card for my brother. LOL! I had a TON of fun coloring the image, I think I chuckled the whole time.


This is "Maude Merry Christmas". She is from Just Inklined. The sentiment is computer generated and perfect for my brother. LOL! I gave Maude some pleather boots, embossed using black powder. Now I have seen that liquid applique before but I never knew what it was called, but thanks again to Marlene for filling me in. :-) I ordered it to stock it in my store but I couldn't wait for the shipment to come so I had to pick it up at my LCS. I loved it so much that Maude got some fluff on her boots and gloves and of course her hat. The PP is from Basic Grey's Jovial collection, which is available at Artfuldelight.

That's it for today but I will assure you, you don't want to miss this week because I have a project filled week.

Happy Crafting!!

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww! I love love love love Elisabeth's lo!!!! It is AMAZING!! And that card is sooooooooooo FUN FUN FUN! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Court said...

Gorgeous Gorgeous LO Elisabeth!!! I love it! We are SO honored to have Elisabeth as part of our team this month! :)

How funny is your card Leeanne!?! haha.

Marlene said...

Elizabeth is a very talented girl...you are lucky to have her on your team! Beautiful layout!

Now as for that card....ahem....LOL!!!! Too freakin' funny! Love the way you dolled her up! Your brother will get a hoot out of her.

I'm so glad to have inspired! (I'm a sucker for funny images....as if you didn't already know!)

April said...

Wow Elisabeth, that layout is AMAZING!!!! I love, love, love all the butterflies!! :)

Leeanne, that card is TOO cute!!! Such a funny sentiment too, lol...
- April

Anonymous said...

Great take on the sketch challenge! I love that applique on her boots and hat, too fun! Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!