August 28, 2010

Basic Grey-Card Kit

The end of another week. I went to my Intro to Computer Concepts class yesterday and my teacher ended up not being a bad guy. He has a bit of a vulgar sense of humor, if that makes sense. I do think everything will be ok.

So, I participated in Trade it Thursday over at my new e-buddies blog, Scrap Me This, Scrap Me That. Check out her blog to see what it's all about. Well I won a few weeks ago and I received a package of goodies a couple days ago. In the package I got a Basic Grey card making kit from their Green at Heart collection. Now I will admit when I first heard of card kits, to me it seemed like cheating, kinda defeated the whole fun of card making. I am not sure if any of you have bought one or read the contents of a card kit but basically it gives you everything you would need to make several cards, in Basic Grey's kits it is 8 cards. If includes the cardbase, pattern paper for layers, chipboard images and then a sheet of rub-ons that would have the sentiment on there. So basically you can make 8 complete cards, even includes the envelopes.

Well I have had the chance to play around with it and it is pretty cool. I made 2 cards, one I will share today and I will share the other one tomorrow. I may share more, if I get a chance to craft this weekend. LOTS of homework to get done by Monday.
So anywho, here is the card......
I can't remember what size the card is supposed to be but it is bigger than the standard 4.25x5.5 size. I started with the polka dot card base, and layered the orange paper over it. The flower stems, "you are my" and the squiggles under the "Sunshine" are all rub-ons. The "Sunshine" is card stock letters and the flowers are chipboard. I drew in the dash lines on the edge of the orange paper and the lines on the edge of the polka dot paper. Simple! I think it took me 10 minutes to assemble it. I think I may actually like card kits, now I won't get them to replace my everyday card making, all on my own but I think it is a neat idea. LOL!

Hope y'all have a fabulous Saturday!
Happy Crafting!!

4 comments:

Maureen Reiss said...

This card is soooo pretty!! Love it!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeee the colors and those little flowers :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Debbie said...

Watch out girls, Leeanne is on a roll!!! Super cute card. Your stamps look great! Love that squiggly line!

Marlene said...

Your card is adorable!