August 18, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Hello my name is Leeanne and I am addicted to digital kits and images. I have another confession. When I first heard about digital images and kits I kinda thought they were silly. It to me defeated the purpose of stamping. I dunno, just seemed weird to me. BUT then I tried it, I finally figured out what color tools worked best for me, unfortunately this was after breaking the bank buying all sorts of markers and pencils. LOL! So I have bought several digital images and kits and I simply love them. My most recent purchase was a Halloween image (Thanks Marlene!) from Squigglefly. I usually don't make Halloween cards because I don't send them out but really that was before I sent out cards in general. This image was super cute though and I had to have it. The white cardstock is that shimmery white paper I told y'all about that I got at my LCS and all the pattern paper is from a digikit I purchased from Two Peas called Woodsy by Jen Martakis.

Ya know one of the other things I have learned in the paper crafting world is to think outside the box. I see a lot of non-traditional colors for certain holidays like Christmas. When you think Christmas, do you think pink and blue and orange or do you think red and green? Yeah me too! When you think of Halloween do you think of tan, blue and purple or do you think orange and black? Yeah me TOO! LOL!
I did however add a little Pumpkin Pie cardstock in there to bring a little Halloween traditional colors but more so just to give the card a bit more color. The alphas are Micro Mini stickers from Basic Grey, Basics collection.

*edit, I entered this card into Squigglefly Challenge #62 - Hot Colors, thank you Holly for telling me about the challenge.

Happy Crafting!!

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is CUTE!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee that image and those are GREAT COLORS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Marlene said...

You did a FABULOUS job with this squigglefly image!!! YAY YOU!

Always glad to be an enabler!! :)

Holly Young said...

What an absolutely adorable card! I really like how you angled some of the letters in the greeting. You should enter this in the Squigglefly challenge on their blog. the theme is to use hot colors and I'd say the pumpkin pie card stock qualifies as hot!

Tracey said...

Fab card, love that image :)

Thanks for joining us at Squigglefly this week.

Hugs
Tracey
x