August 16, 2010

Happy Monday!

Good Morning Blogosphere! I have a couple easy cards again trying to use up some scraps. I actually made these cards the same day I made yesterdays LO. All the paper I used in the LO were from Basic Grey's Origins collection. I hate throwing away paper, especially awesome pattern paper from Basic Grey, lol! So I had already shown you a card using scraps the other week and when I was blog hopping the other day I saw on Kristina's blog (kwernerdesign.com) how she reuses scraps.
So I thought I would give it a try. :-)



So the first card, I feel torn about. First I made it for my daughter's grandma(on her dad's side), her birthday is in a couple days. But I am torn because, even though the Origins paper has a variety of green colors, the olive green crinkle ribbon seems to not match. Well oh well. The chipboard letters are from Green at Heart, also Basic Grey. The Thanks card was just to add another one to my collection. I think Thank You cards are my most used cards, so I can never have too many. So I intentionally wanted the "S" to be crooked but when I glued it down it ended up a little more crooked than I wanted. I used Creamy Brown Colorbox Chalk ink on my card instead of the Dark Brown I used on my LO yesterday. The Creamy Brown was a little closer to the Kraft color card base. I was going for a more subtle look. The chipboard letters are from Nook and Pantry. Have you noticed yet that Basic Grey is one of my favorite craft companies. :-)

Be sure to check back tomorrow because I have a Hybrid card to share using a free digital kit I got from Two Peas in a Bucket and I also used more crinkle ribbon. And (drum roll, please) I have a GIVEAWAY! So check back tomorrow.

Happy Crafting!!

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh these are FAB!! I loveeeeeeeee the paper strips...great way to use the leftovers! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kelly Massman said...

Fun way to use scraps! Love that crinkle ribbon!!!

Betty Anne said...

Love your cards, great job.

Nana Nassar said...

i loved them...specially the birthday one! xoxoxo