August 11, 2010

Here is what I've been up to

Whenever Tony has off of work I hardly ever get on the computer and the days are so busy, I am just exhausted. LOL! That is why my last 2 posts are short and may not make much sense, so I apologize. The last 2 days I have been busy making book bags, do y'all call them that? Or do you call them backpacks? Or tote bags? Well anywho, I made one for me, Tony and my daughter. I also made a computer sleeve for my Netbook. I want it to be protected when I have to carry it around for school. So here they are:






So I could have cropped the pics so you didn't see my messy table in the background but it is late and I just wanted to get it posted. Ok so the first 2 pics are of my laptop sleeve. I made it to match my bag. All th fabric used is Duck Cloth or aka Canvas. LOL! We ripped apart an old book bag and salvaged all the parts. I used one of the zippers for that sleeve. The 3rd picture is my bag, then it's my daughter's bag and then Tony's. The strips on mine and my daughter's bags I sewed, I used my Cricut to make a 3x12 inch template. For Tony's bag, it was quite simple because he wanted an all black bag. Tony set all the grommets, I didn't really trust myself to do that. LOL! The pictures kind of stink but hopefully you can see the bags well enough.
So that is what I have been up to. I totally thought these bags were going to take me at least the whole week, but thankfully they didn't. Thankfully because now I have to go make 4 notebooks for school. One for my daughter and the other 3 for me. Well actually I probably need to make 4 for me since I am taking 4 classes.

I purchased some digital images tonight so hopefully I will get to make a card tomorrow.

These bags were super easy and totally fun to make. I might start selling them in my Etsy store so if you happen to be interested, send me an email.(click the link at the top of my blog) I will have them customizable. I can let you know what colors I can get and we can go from there. I am not sure how much I will sell them for yet. I know they won't be expensive at all but I have to figure out what the cost is to make it. LOL! I made several trips to Joann's so I am not even close to sure what I spent over the last 3 days. Dare I even try to figure that out. haha!

Happy Crafting!!

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wow!! These are FAB! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kelly Massman said...

As if you aren't busy enough! :-)
Great bags!

D said...

How fun! The bags are so pretty. I see a cutie behind yours :)

Marlene said...

Very nice!!!

Oooh...which digi images did you get? Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Nicole Brenna said...

So cute! I am loving them... i love to sew so projects like this are right up my alley. I wanted to let you know that you won the last trade it Thursday. I know you have my address I just need yours and I will send everything when I get to Cali next week if that is okay. I really appreciate the support. psss... I added a few more things to the package... just a couple of things.

Betty Anne said...

Wow you sure have been busy. Love the bags you made.