August 5, 2010

A sunny hello.....

Hello my bloggy friends! I hope everyone is having a great week. I went to pick up my school books today. Oh the nerves have now sunk in. Just over 2 weeks until school starts. I am going to have to clear my craft desk off a bit because that is the only place (other than the kitchen table) that I have to do homework.

So on to some crafting fun. First I would like to point out that I am going to be a jerk twice in this post, once because I cannot for the life of me remember where I got the digital image from, I am sure you have seen it around the blog-o-sphere so if anyone knows where please let me know. Second the card I originally saw on one of the many blogs I follow and I cannot for the life of me remember which one. The tutorial for the card though can be found on SCS, here. *edit, Marlene from Disguised as a Grown Up, reminded me (*wink*) that it was her blog and the image was from *wink*wink ink. It was a freebie when I got it, not sure if it is anymore. But as soon as I saw the card I knew I wanted the image, LOVE sunflowers.**
So here is my card.....



Ok so the lighting stinks, it was night time and my room was not lit very well. A few things to add, I LOVE sunflowers! I wish I could make a card everyday with sunflowers. Here is what held me back, I stink at coloring....well that was until yesterday. I have tried Copics, Prismacolor Markers and I did try just regular Prismacolor Pencils. Well my new FAV is Watercolor PrismaColor Pencils and a Blender Pen. I LOVE the way it turns out. So I printed the digi with my INK jet printer which is not ideal for coloring with liquid substance because the INK just bled. So what I did was after I printed the digi, I used my Versamark Marker by Stampin' UP! and I traced over the lines in the picture and then used black embossing powder to give some raised lines. This helped with the bleeding. The pattern paper I used is from Basic Grey, Max and Whiskers. Super cute collection. I was having a hard time finding a pattern paper that would match my sunflower and honestly that paper was the closest I could get. :-( I guess I need to go shopping and get a wider variety of PP. LOL! The buttons are also from Basic Grey, Nook and Pantry collection.

And there you have it! Now I am off to stamp more images to color! YIPPEE!!!

Happy Crafting!!

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!! That is soooooooooooooooooo CUTE!!! Loving that flower!! And my son starts this coming MONDAY!!! we had to go to get his class list tonight! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Marlene said...

Was it my blog you saw it on? I posted this sunflower a little while ago:

SUNFLOWER CARD

The image is from *wink*wink ink and was a freebie for some time.

Adorable card! Love the layout!

Anonymous said...

This is really cute ... I love the image!

Laurie

Melanie Nichols said...

Awesome card! So cheerful and such a fun design! And thanks, Marlene, for sending me the link to this little beauty! ;o)

Cindy Gay said...

The card is adorable.

Nicole Brenna said...

Love the card... great job... good luck with school. I start classes soon too... I was suppose to start my masters but decided scrapbooking was more fun so will deffer it for a year. Okay so that it isnt totally true... I have to take a Norwegian course too and it conflicted.
Thanks for posting my badge... I was so excited to see it... oh dont forget about Trade it Thursdays....

Xushenka said...

That's such a creative way to fold a card! Very cute =)